What does this app help me do?If you are new to golf, iGo2Range helps you find your nearest driving range or ranges, see the facilities offered and get in touch with them. If you are already a golfer, iGo2Range helps you work out whether and when you can squeeze in a practice session at your nearest or favourite driving range. You can also search for somewhere new or different with specific features such as grass teeing areas, short game areas or mini putt.
So how do I use it?Searching:
- On the home screen the app will find your current location, show you the nearest driving range and display driving routes and estimated times to get there.
- If you want to see other driving ranges near you, pinch or drag the map – and touch a driving range pin.
- To search for driving ranges by name, location or facility start typing in the search bar.
- For a list of all driving ranges near you – touch the list symbol in the search bar.
- To see a driving ranges near another location – move the map and then long-press (touch & hold your finger) on the location you’re interested in. A 50km circular zone will appear and iGo2Range will start cycling through the nearest ranges to that point. Driving directions and times are recalculated to the centre of the circle. If you can’t see any ranges, press somewhere else or zoom in the map. To reset the app touch the grey nearest or favourite range button under the search bar.
- Touching most text and buttons in blue does something – e.g. touch the blue total time estimate under “takes” to see the estimated time you’ll finish if you left now
- An exception is the long grey “nearest range…” button under the search bar. If you select any other than the nearest range to your location this will always show the name of your nearest driving range so you can rest the app. If you set a favourite range it will “toggle” or switch between the nearest or your favourite range.
Can I use iGo2Range anywhere?Anywhere in Australia – if Apple Maps can find your location, iGo2Range can find your nearest driving range. Other countries are planned, let us know which ones you want.
Where do the travel time estimates and routes come from?iGo2Range uses Apple Maps to find routes from your current (or saved) locations to the selected driving range, and estimates of the driving times. You can get the detailed directions from the Apple Maps app by selecting the car icons.
How do I set a favourite range?Search for it by name or find it on the map and select it to move to the range info screen. Select the “Favourite” button. This allows you to always get back to your favourite range no matter which other range you are looking at. In the settings screen you can choose to always start with your favourite range.
How do I start from or return to somewhere other than my current location ?Tap the grey up/down arrows under the itinerary display to reveal the picker configuration settings. Select “add new” to move to the locations screen where you can search for an address.
Where does the weather information come from?Weather data and sunset, sunrise times are sourced from Forecast.io and it’s well worth checking them out.
How much does it cost?iGo2Range is an advertising supported, fully functioning, free-of-charge app. It offers an optional one-time in-app purchase upgrade.
What’s in the upgraded version?Upgrading iGo2Range will give you an ad-free experience and the ability to save more than one custom location (e.g. home, work). In fact as many as you like. You can then see driving directions and estimated travel times from your selected custom locations.
I’m an owner of a driving range or practice facility – how do we get included in this app?As long as it’s a facility that is open to the general golfing public, we would love to have you included -click here to get in touch.
I’ve noticed some of the driving range information needs to be updated, who do I contact?Please use the feedback button on the map snapshot picture for the range within the app, or click here to email us the details.
I’ve got some suggestions for improvements, where can I send them?Fantastic! We welcome feedback and any suggestions for improvements – click here to email us.
I seem to be having trouble getting my location to be found?If you can’t see a green pulsing user location marker, there are several possibilities:
– make sure you have Allowed iGo2Range to access your location while it is in use. To check this go to your Settings | Privacy | Location Services – and scroll down to the listing for the app.
– your iPhone may not have a network connection . Check you can access the Internet, and that AirPlane mode is OFF. Try turning on WIFI. Check your carrier signal or try moving outside. After doing this try pressing the triangular “locate me” or “zoom” button at the bottom left of the screen once or twice.
Where can I get additional help or support?Click here to email support.