It’s easy to customise RangeNearMe so that it always starts with your preferred starting, ending and driving range locations.
Show your favourite Driving Range:
- find the driving range that you want to make your favourite by either
- selecting it from the map (scroll/pinch or zoom then select the driving range pin), or
- searching for it by name in the search box
- go to the Driving Range Info screen by tapping on its name, the range bucket icon or the driving range map pin label
- press the ♥ button on the map photo
- voila! you have now set this range as your favourite.
To set the app to always launch with the currently selected favourite range, you need to go to the settings screen. Once there tap the row labelled “show:” in the launch settings section. The app will now show the currently selected favourite range and use travel times and driving directions to it. (Note that the nearest range is also shown – you can switch between this and the favourite at any time).
Start from or return to another location:
RangeNearMe defaults to using your current location to work out travel times, get directions and find your nearest Driving Range. However you may want to see travel times from or to an alternative location, such as your home or your work.
To set up an alternative location:
- tap near the bottom of the main info panel where the travel times and small grey up and down triangle arrows are shown
- you should see a picker view selection box appear
- use this to select “add new” under the start from or return to columns
- you should now see the locations screen
- use the search box to enter free text address, business or place name of your location. Be sure to enter enough detail to find a local result.
- select the correct location from the search results box
- return to the main screen
- voila! your travel time and route directions will update to the new location.
To set the app to always launch with this location, you need to go to the settings screen. Once there tap the row labelled either “start from:” or “return to” in the launch settings section. The app will now show the currently selected alternative location and use travel times and driving directions to it. (Note that you can always set it back to the current location).